Access Starts Online – Venue Access at The Phoenix Arts Club
- IntroductionThe Phoenix Arts Club aims to provide equality of services and customer care to everyone, regardless of people’s age, disability, gender identity, race, religion or belief or sexual orientation. We’ve been going for over thirty years and we are a friendly, family run company that is one of the last truly independent venues in Central London.
- Contact Detailscustomercare@phoenixartsclub.com or call us on 020 7836 1077 or message us on Facebook http://facebook.com/phoenixartsclub. Keep up to date with all our news at www.phoenixartsclub.com. We aim to respond to any social media message within 1 hour.
- Download Link (word doc)https://www.phoenixartsclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Phoenix-Artist-Club-Access-Starts-Online-Venue-Access-Info.pdf
- Venue DescriptionThe Phoenix Arts Club is located in a typical London cellar, tucked beneath The Phoenix Theatre, it does not currently have step free access. We are working with the building landlord to improve this but in the meantime we operate wheelchair ‘carry down’ procedures as dictated by HM Government Guidelines. We can store electric wheelchairs at ground level for you. Upon entering the venue, you need to travel down 17 steps with two landings to access the main performance space. You can view the entire venue via Virtual 360* on our Facebook page, phoenixartsclub. Once inside, the entire venue is on the same level.
- Bookable Access Facilities + How to ApplyPersonal Assistant tickets
The Phoenix Arts Club welcomes customers who may need a PA to be able to attend a show. If you require a PA ticket, please contact us, and we will be able to discuss your requirements and happily offer a free ticket for your PA.
Accessible viewing area
We do not have a dedicated viewing area, but are more than happy to let you into the performance space first to find a suitable area. If the performance is taking place in our members lounge, please make yourself known and if requested, we can show you through before general admittance. If the performance is in the front area of the venue, please let us know where you would like to sit, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Being a Central London venue we do not have a dedicated car park, but there is one accessible parking bay, licensed by Camden Council – so have a quick look here for details – https://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/transport-and-streets/ parking/permits/disabled-permits/green-badge-scheme.en
The Parking Bay is located in Stacey Street at its junction with Phoenix Street – a quiet residential area. The footpath is even and is some fifty paces to the venue. It can be very busy with crowds attending the neighbouring Phoenix Theatre @7.30pm. You can find a map of the area on our webpage – www.phoenixartsclub.com and a video link here –
On street parking is restricted to a maximum of 2 hours and can be found in nearby New Compton Street, WC2H.
6. Travel Guide and Arrival Guide
If customers are arriving by taxi, they can be dropped off right outside the venue. Tottenham Court Road Station (Northern and Central lines) is the closest step free station, and this is about 200 paces away. You can find a video link of the route here –
The following buses stop directly opposite the venue (North & South bound) at ‘Cambridge Circus’ – No’s 24, 29 and 176 (including respective night bus services). Our door team will be happy to assist you with any transport queries.
We do not currently have any accessible toilets within the venue.
8. Customers with Medical Requirements
If you need to bring food, drink or medication with you, we are happy to accommodate this. Please let us know in advance, so we can alert our door staff. All of our Duty Managers, Door Staff and Stage Technical Team are fully trained in First Aid.
9. Assistance Dogs
We welcome assistance dogs into the venue. Please let us know in advance if you will be bringing an assistance dog with you. If necessary, we can find a space away from the performance for your dog to stay. You may have trouble claiming your pooch back as we really want one…
We do not use strobe lighting at the Phoenix Arts Club.
11.Other Info (e.g. assisted performances)
Many of our events are held informally and audiences are not expected to sit quietly! We post regular updates of our evenings on Facebook and our webpage. If you would like to be notified in advance of our more relaxed and informal performances simply contact us as listed at ‘2’